SQ and Quantum Leadership
As a certified Master Trainer in SQ and Quantum Leadership, you will join an elite international panel of coaches, trainers and consultants who teach Danah Zohar’s work and take it into practice. You will develop a deep understanding of the theory and practical application of SQ and the quantum worldview.
Having developed the capability to train others to the standard of the Certificate of Professional Development, you will be able to offer your own certified training courses. You will also be able to train others in the use of the SQ Self-Report Questionnaire.
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN BECOMING A MASTER TRAINER?
Stage 1. 5-day or 2+2-day course in SQ and Quantum Leadership
– Join any of the 5-day or 2+2-day courses, held in Oxford and also internationally (see upcoming dates).
– Receive your Certificate of Professional Development in SQ and Quantum Leadership.
Stage 2. Self-study
– Re-read the key books, now reflecting on your own understanding of the work.
– Follow a self-study programme by viewing the 7 training videos covering the key topics provided as part of your Master Trainer’s pack.
– Provide questions for further reflection after re-reading the books and viewing the videos; write short reflective essay on each book and video.
Stage 3. Receive coaching
– Take one-on-one tutorials with Danah or one of her approved colleagues, either in person or via Skype, to develop your understanding of the reading and videos through dialogue. You should engage in at least 4 such coaching sessions during your period of self-study.
– Outline a training or coaching programme you would like to offer.
Stage 4. 3-day Advanced Master Trainer Course (taught by Danah)
– Discuss, practice, and prepare exercises that will support your own training work.
– Prepare and deliver your own sample training session and receive feedback through group dialogue.
– Discuss the broader context of the work: how to relate the material to other theories and practices with which your participants/trainees may be familiar.
– Learn how to train others to use the SQ and Quantum Thinking Self-Report Questionnaire.
– Receive your Master Trainer certification!
“The SQ training course has helped me to provide my clients with an excellent science-based framework to lead their companies. It was the essential link to bring leading edge science and leadership together.” Bert Overlack, Germany
STRUCTURE AND CONTENT OF THE COURSE
1) ENTERING THE QUANTUM AGE
• General introduction and historical perspective – how “thinking-as-usual and business-as-usual were dominated by Newtonian world view;
• Contrasting the 8 defining principles of quantum physics with those of Newtonian physics:
. atomism vs holism
. isolation vs contextualism
. reductionism vs emergence
. certainty vs indeterminism
. Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle: answers vs questions
. Passive witnesses vs Participatory Universe: “observer effect”
. Either/or vs both/and: “complimentarity” and “superpositions”
. Actuality vs potentiality: Explicate/Implicate Orders; quantum vacuum.
2) THE QUANTUM SELF
• The person that I am; “particle” aspect of self;
• The relationships that I am; wave aspect of self;
• The Deep Self: the “wave function” of the self;
• The responsible self;
• The creative self;
• Four Questions:
. Where do I come from?
. Who am I?
. Why am I here?
. What should I do?
3) THREE KINDS OF THINKING (” Quantum Neuroscience”)
• IQ: The left brain, logical thinking;
• EQ: The right brain, associative thinking;
• SQ” The whole brain, quantum thinking
• 5 Thinking Skills
. Creative thinking;
. Intuitive thinking;
. Reflective thinking;
. Critical thinking;
. Moral maturity
4) SQ AND QUANTUM THINKING
• Complex Adaptive Systems: living quantum systems
• The 12 principles of SQ
. Vision, Value, and Meaning led
. Being holistic
. Field-Independence: critical thinking
. Ability to reframe: being “at the edge”
. Asking fundamental questions
. Celebration of diversity
. Positive use of adversity
. Sense of vocation (purpose)
5) THE MOTIVATIONS THAT DRIVE US
• Self-assertion vs Exploration
• Anger vs Gregariousness/Cooperation
• Craving/Greed vs Power Within
• Fear vs Mastery
• Anguish vs Genrativity
• Apathy vs Higher Service
• Guilt/Shame vs “World Soul”
• Disintegration vs Serenity
6) THE QUANTUM ORGANIZATION/SOCIETY: QUANTUM SYSTEMS DYNAMICS (QSD)
• The motivations, values, and principles that drive human systems;
• The features of Quantum Organizations:
. In dialogue with wider environment
. Emergent (whole greater than sum of parts)
. At edge of chaos
7) THE QUANTUM LEADER: a summary session drawing all the material together in defining qualities of leadership.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS OF MASTER TRAINER CERTIFICATION?
At Stage 1, attend any 5-day or 2+2-day course, taught by Danah, as a regular participant, at cost set by local organizer. If attended in Oxford, the cost is GBP 2500 including VAT, plus the cost of meals and accommodation.
At Stage 2, register for the Master Trainer certification course, receive your self-study guide and set of 7 training videos, and pay GBP 1500 (no VAT is chargeable for those outside the EU; add VAT of GBP 300 for those in the EU, though the VAT will not be charged to those registered for VAT in other EU countries who are able to provide a valid VAT-ID).
At Stage 3. No added cost. The GBP 1500 fee paid at Stage 2 includes the cost of your 4 or more one-on-one coaching sessions during the period of self-study and feedback on your reflective essays.
At Stage 4: Attend the 3-day advanced Master Trainer Course, taught by Danah. Cost of this may vary regionally. If attended in Oxford, the cost is GBP 1800 including VAT. NOTE: TO AVOID EXTRA AND COSTLY TRAVEL, PROSPECTIVE MASTER TRAINERS MAY TAKE THE 3-DAY ADVANCED MASTER TRAINER COURSE IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE FOUNDATION COURSE. THEN THEY MAY FOLLOW THIS WITH THE REQUIRED SELF-STUDY AND COACHING.
There is no annual Master Trainer licensing fee. Instead, Master Trainers pay GBP 50 per participant/trainee/coaching client they certify (not including any applicable VAT). This includes the mandatory cost of one token for the SQ and Quantum Thinking Self-Report Questionnaire and a Certificate of Professional Development, signed by Danah, for each person trained. Each qualified Master Trainer must commit to training and certifying at least 50 “students” per year. Master Trainers will be asked to sign a Master Trainer contract agreeing to these terms.
NEXT SCHEDULED TRAINING:
The next certified 5-day foundation course offered in Oxford will be held 20-24 February 2017. The 3-day Master Trainer course will follow 26-28 February 2017.
DANAH ZOHAR has been described by Financial Times Prentice Hall as one of the world’s top “business minds”. A physicist, philosopher, and management thought leader, she was educated at MIT and Harvard. She is the author of nine books relating the thinking of quantum physics and complex adaptive systems to such diverse topics as psychology, society and organisational leadership. Among these are The Quantum Self, The Quantum Society, Rewiring the Corporate Brain, and Spiritual Capital.
Danah has taught at leading business schools in the UK, Australia, and Eastern Europe. For several years she was on the faculty of Shell’s “Challenges for Change” leadership programme and of Oxford University’s “Strategic Leadership Programme”. She has done presentations, seminars, and training programmes for business organizations throughout the world. Among these are Shell, Motorola, BMW, Nokia, McKinsey, Volvo, Astra Pharmaceutical, Coca-Cola, Norwich Union Financial Services, and NASA. She has also worked with The British Cabinet Office, UNESCO, and the Davos World Economic Forum.
RESPONSES TO ZOHAR’S QUANTUM PROGRAMMES
Shell USA Leadership Council
“Danah Zohar puts forward a new model for structure, leadership, and learning within organizations that allow them to thrive on uncertainty, deal creatively with rapid change, and realize the full potential of those who lead or work within them. Her work is insightful, provocative, and immensely practical.”
Leo Burke, Former Director, College of Leadership and Transcultural Studies, Motorola University
“The ‘quantum approach’ that Danah Zohar introduces is extremely interesting. The possibility of achieving new and unique abilities from a group of people by creating a system of competencies – teams of teams – is thrilling. It has been a great inspiration during our implementation of new working methods.”
Anna Nilsson-Ehle, Vice-President, Change Management, Volvo
“Danah Zohar puts our business processes and interactions and leadership styles within a larger scientific framework. She shows how business people can use this to see patterns that exist in the more complex situations that the new pace, scale, and advanced technologies have developed within our companies.”
Lord Andrew Stone, Former Managing Director, Marks & Spencer PLC
“Quantum intelligence adds new and important perspectives to what intelligence really is and how we can use it to redesign our organizations and how to move boundaries.”
Mats Lederhausen, Former Vice-President, Strategy, McDonald’s Corporation